Have you ever wondered how to sign PDF Documents that are available to fill out online for government, medical, or other websites? DMV forms, online tax preparation forms, medical history forms are available as PDF (portable document format). If you save the form to your computer, you can fill it out and sign it in Adobe Reader 10. Completed forms can be saved, faxed and emailed.
Here is how to fill out and sign documents without having to print them. It is so much easier than printing and mailing in a form, standing in line at the DMV plus you can remain paperless.
Once you have clicked on the link for the website form and the PDF appears onscreen, you will need to save it to your computer before completing it.
To save the PDF form on your computer:
1. In your web browser's menu, choose File then Save or Save As. Be sure to save it as a PDF in the file type drop-down.
2. Click on Sign in the upper right corner of the PDF's window.
3. In the Save File window, name and save the PDF to your computer.
4. Open the installed Adobe Reader program.
5. Go to the File menu in Adobe Reader, choose Open and find the file you saved, click "Open."